I have discovered another tag! I love doing these and reading other people’s answers. I found this tag on A Little But A Lot. Let’s get right into it! 🙂
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
It really depends on what and how much I‘ve eaten before getting into the car. Sometimes I could read for hours but on some days the second I think about reading my face gets a lovely green shade.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
How lame is it that I can‘t think of any?
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answers.
I have never read Twilight so …
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books…)?
I do! I would take a pic but the fool that is me bought a white bag and it‘s um… well, not white anymore. 😀 It‘s been designed to hold German books so not a lot of English books or other things like snacks or pen and paper fit in there.
5. Do you smell your books?
OMG yes!!! It has happened before that I would take a book, smell it, run over to my colleague and have her smell it as well. The looks of the customers are gold. 😀
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
WITH!! I love chapter illustrations or small details on the pages‘ margins or decorated page numbers. Basically, put tiny illustrations in dem books! ❤
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
There have been books that I‘ve loved but later found out they were doing a poor job at representation or that what I thought was representation were authors trying to collect cookie points with their diverse character TM. Every person has a different take on what quality in writing means. A lot of customers dismiss entire sections with a scoff (fantasy, sci-fi, YA, manga, graphic novels, comics, children‘s lit) because to them only high-end lit is the only true quality literature.
I have a feeling I got off topic and didn‘t even answer the question properly…
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I can‘t think of any right now …
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Notes From the Singing Chicken by Julian Wise. It‘s a collection of essays on the modern madness.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Definitely ‚The Lord of the Rings‘ by J.R.R. Tolkien.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
At the moment I mainly write fanfiction and try to add more original characters but I don‘t see myself as a published author any time soon. Still have a lot to learn about writing.
12. When did you get into reading?
I know my mum would read me books when I was about 2 years old? As soon as I could read on my own I took off and never stopped.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
‚Robin Hood‘ by Howard Pyle probably. I recently aquired the Barnes and Noble Collectible edition and it‘s written in the olde English with words such as maketh ❤
14. In school, what was your best subject?
Sports. I loved it.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
It doesn‘t matter if I hated it or if I already read it. The person gets a smile and a thank you. Manners maketh woman.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
The Tapestry series by Henry H. Neff!! OMG, it‘s so good but sadly underrated and underappreciated. 😦 If you ever come by it you should definitely give it a try.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I hate being on camera. Bad habit would be dying?
18. What is your favourite word?
That‘s an interesting but difficult one. And suddenly it is like I have never heard any words in my life. Flabbergasted? I like that one.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Darn, I‘m a nerd and a dork.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
What kind of Vampires and Fairies are we talking? The glittery ones (counts for both)? Or the dark and evil ones? Because if we are then I‘m definitely choosing Fairies!
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I could shapeshift into a cat and sleep all day.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Hm, I‘d say spirits but only because Werewolves are kind of boring at this point? Although I know someone who will disagree with me on the topic of Werewolves and would recommend me about a dozen brutal and definitely un-boring werewolf books. 😀
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
Vampires but I‘m not happy. I don‘t like Zombies, especially not after I was forced to read ‚Warm Bodies‘ – what a weird book – and Vampires are a bit overrated at this point.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Is it LGBTQIA+? Then I don‘t mind a full on romance book but otherwise I prefer action packed with as few love scenes as possible. Or rather, I don‘t touch full on romance.